The sample that can be seen on the right is one of the favourites of Wolmer Beltrami and has been kindly donated to the museum by his daughter Fiorenza. Excelsior was established in 1923 in New York by three brothers who emigrated from Castelfidardo: Roberto, Archimede and Egisto Pancotti. Their manufacturing and commercial ability have allowed their company to almost monopolise a large part of the American market aided also by brilliant musicians such as Pietro Deiro and Charles Magante. In 1946 Egisto returned to Castelfidardo and established the “Excelsior Italia” which expanded rapidly and at one point could count on a 300 strong work force. The business is still active today.