Dari & Picchietti (Castelfidardo)
This beautiful sample was manufactured by two excellent craftsmen called Dario Dari and Adriano Picchietti whose companies were merged in 1922. The instrument sports mother of pearl inlays and intricate jigsaw work of excellent quality thanks to the Sicilian craftsmen who specialised in this field. The sound of the instrument was superlative. The only minus point was its excessive weight: 16 kg (around 33 pounds). In 1956 after Dari retired, the business was taken over by his sons Adriano Lelio and Alberto and the company changed its name to Victoria. Today the company has been taken over by the Breccia family.